Updated 23rd May, 2018
When you or anyone else visit this website we respect your privacy and we are GDPR compliant. Below we have outlined important points including what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
Who is Lale Guralp
When it is said “Lale Guralp” (or “we”, “us” or “our”), we mean: (a) Lale Guralp.
Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to order a product, specifically email address, first name and last name when buying online or filling in an order form.
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in 4 main ways:
- You provide some of it directly online when you use an online form to contact us..
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services (including with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you sign up to the mailing list (Mailchimp) or when you make payments to us using our payment processor (Stripe or iZettle)).
- In person at a stall or fair.
These areas have been described this in more detail below.
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address when you make an enquiry about a commission, or personalised picture when using an online order form.
When you use our Services, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information in our mobile apps. This data is used to evaluate the website and see what pages are popular and how you got to the website.
Some of this information is collected automatically using cookies and similar technologies. Some of this information is similarly collected automatically through your browser or from your device.
c. Personal information obtained from other sources
d. In person at a sale or fair
When Lale Guralp is at a sale you are welcome to be added to the mailing list. By giving your email address, first name and last name you give consent to be added to the mailing list (new product and discount codes). You can change your mind at any time and easily unsubscribe at the bottom of a new product and discount code email. Or by emailing me email@example.com
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Communicating with you. When you make a purchase we send you emails with your receipt, and telling you when your order has been dispatched.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our rights and property (including copyright)
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information when you sign up to my mailing list using the online form, when you have opted in when you make a purchase, or when you have added your name to the mailing list when you have signed up at a sale or fair. You can change your mind at any time and unsubscribe at the bottom of a new product and discount code email. Or by emailing me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address to communicate with you about a commission, personalised picture or enquiry that you have.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
o To provide you with a service. For example to produce a personalised print or commission.
o To analyze and improve how the website is designed and the mailing list emails.
o To enable you to buy the products from this website.
o To send you the mailing list emails (new product and discount codes emails) which you have consented to.
How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Service providers. Our Third parites are Mailchimp, Stripe, iZettle and Squarespace. When you sign up to the mailing list our service providers perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage. Stripe and iZettle are used to take payments and Squarespace hosts this website.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor which is Stripe and iZettle. Click here to read Stripes privacy shield policy. iZettle is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified and is therefore required to adhere to all the requirements stated by the PCI Security Standards Council. To get more information about the different requirements of the PCI Security Standards Council please read more here: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms of Service) or prevent fraud or abuse of Lale Guralp. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we want to use your information in any other way you will be asked beforehand.
- We do not sell or give your information to any third parties.
Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint.
Cookies are small pieces of data that this website stores on a device. Cookies can improve mine and yours (visitors) browsing experience because they help websites remember preferences and helps me understand how people use different features of this website. You can see which cookies are active in your browser’s settings. For help, visit your browser’s documentation.
Here are a list of cookies that we use. We have listed them here so you can opt out by using your browser settings.
- Crumb - Active for the session - Prevents cross-site request forgery (CSRF). CSRF is an attack vector that tricks a browser into taking unwanted action in an application when someone’s logged in.
- RecentRedirect - Active for 30 minutes - Prevents redirect loops if a site has custom URL redirects. Redirect loops are bad for SEO.
- CART - Active for 2 weeks - Shows when a visitor adds a product to their cart
- hasCart - Active for 2 weeks - Tells Squarespace that the visitor has a cart
- SiteUserInfo - Active for 3 years - Identifies a visitor who logs into a customer account
- SiteUserSecureAuthToken - Active for3 years - Authenticates a visitor who logs into a customer account
- Commerce-checkout-state - Session - Stores state of checkout while the visitor is completing their order in PayPal
- squarespace-popup-overlay - Persistent - Prevents the Promotional Pop-Up from displaying if a visitor dismisses it
- squarespace-announcement-bar - Persistent - Prevents the Announcement Bar from displaying if a visitor dismisses it
- ss_cid - Active for 2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvr - Active for 2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvisit - Active for 30 minutes - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvt - Active for 30 minutes - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cpvisit - Active for 2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cookieAllowed - Active for 30 days - Remembers if a visitor agreed to placing Analytics cookies on their browser if a site is restricting the placement of cookies
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our Website or Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our Website or Service without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our Website or Service, please contact us.
How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. On checkout pages, we’re Level 1 PCI compliant and use 128 bit SSL encryption.
Squarespace offers SSL certificates for this website and the domain we use. With SSL enabled automatically, you (the visitor) can access a constant, secure connection on every page of your site. Through SSL, you can see a lock icon next to the URL in the browser, showing that your information is safe.
How we retain your personal information
How to contact us